Effective Learning with Stories
*Framework English Learning
Teacher Teaches the Lesson by presenting the words and grammar to build background knowledge.
- Present the words, grammar, and language
- Present the story, conversations, and songs
Students Acquire with Teacher Guidance by practicing the words and grammar to train the brain in remembering the knowledge.
- Teaching Aides
- Worksheets / Workbook
- Guided Games / Activities
3. Use Students Remember with Independent work by using the words and grammar in real language settings to retain the learned knowledge.
- Pair or Group Work
- Role Playing / Drama
- Projects / Homework
- Student-Centered Games / Activities
4. SAMPLE LESSON PLAN
- INTRODUCTION / WARM-UP *Naughty Monkeys *Animal Sounds
- PRESENT words Teach Story Vocab using slides
- PRACTICE words Practice with a quick guessing game.
- PRESENT sentence patterns Tell the story using real language.
- PRACTICE sentence patterns Pair up students to practice language using teaching aides.
- USE language
*Prepare a drama using a simple 4-6 frame storyboard.
*Having students draw, write or create storyboard.